March 2011...after the circus :)

Interesting events

The daily blah, blah, blah to follow...
Currently playing catch up on life! Documenting the last few months is going to take a while!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Surgery recovery update #6

Poop happens! Summer's intestines decided to wake up and process today : ) The nurse told me she was really grouchy and fussy this morning, so it was no surprise when she discovered it in her diaper :) While I was there she changed her diaper and there was more :) Yesterday the nurse couldn't hear any bowel sounds, but today they could here a lot.

Summer's tummy was a little puffy today, but a little better than the day before. She is still going in the right direction....

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! That's great news!

Joan said...

Great news! Never thought a poopy diaper would be a reason to give thanks, but I'm so pleased to hear this.

Donna Rae Kaiser Jorgensen said...

Hi Mel, I am you Mom's cousin, Donna. I am so thrilled to join your blog and hope you get a chance to look at ours. Our daughter, Jill, is also on my blog list. She is 28. Summer is so cute and so chubby. We look forward to watching her grow from a distance. We have a son, Neal Jorgnesen, who lives in Seattle. He moved there about a year ago. He works for the University of Washington as a Research Scientist and his wife, Karalee, is a Nurse at the hospital there. I just talked to your Mom yesterday and I love her. Our grandson, Sam, is in Mrs. Dyer's class at Sky View. It is a small world and it is getting smaller all the time.