March 2011...after the circus :)

Interesting events

The daily blah, blah, blah to follow...
Currently playing catch up on life! Documenting the last few months is going to take a while!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Girls just wann have fun!

Girl's weekend...Camano Island, WA 1/24-1/26-09
Every Janua ry my girlfriends and I escape for a weekend. No hubbie, no kids (babies are an exception :)), lots of food, laughter, and fun. We usually go somewhere within 1 1/2 hours from home, there are so many beautiful place to visit in Wa!
Me, Summer, Cathy, Debbie, Angie, Bridget, and Melanie (aka Mel K...she even has a daughter named Morgan too! )

This pic was taken on the balcony...Summer wasn't too happy with the whole idea...

Our Vacation rental was gorgeous. It was set in a wildlife preserve, full of huge windows, cool antiques, and 2 jetted tubs (a must for our weekends).

The house was beautiful...
The kitchen was huge and we messed it up good!! (Like mine English?)

This railing is in the process of being hand carved.

They had a few unique instruments place around the house

The cool stained glass inserts above the two upper bedrooms

The master suite bed...ahhh, very comfy....zzzz

The view of the stained glass from the master suite's bed

Overlooking the living room and back wall of windows

The dining room


...the view was very peaceful...
The small lake in the back yard...it snowed Sunday morning

The front yard pond
...we provided the wildlife....

My sis, Debbie, and I on the back deck

Summer
Aunt Debbie loves Summer...she held her most of the weekend
Bridget and Summer

Summer adorns the Chikita Banana hat...she's a party girl in the making!

mmmmmmm we tried something new....a NACHO CHEESE FOUNTAIN, WOW! This gave birth to a whole slew of "fountain" ideas....marinara, sweet n sour, BBQ sauce? The skies the limit...check out the steam! I discovered that it worked best just to dip my whole plate in it....no gluttony here, ha haha!

Bridget sliced up the ice cream....hey, is that all for you? No FAIR! (did I sound like my 6 year old there?)
Ahhhhh, the weekend souvenir...
It's sanitary, disposable, practical, comfortable, fashionable, and versatile....
MAXI-PAD SLIPPERS
WOW!

I custom made a pair for each person....how sweet :)
"Yes, I'm serious...you will have to wear them".

Cathy wears hers with black socks...sheik!

Melanie is tickled pink with hers!

Angie is just plain cute!

We make this railing look good! :) Bridget looks the happiest hiding behind the camera!

....and the close up just for dramatic effect...

Some of us took a walk...I forgot my baby wrap so I crammed her into my coat

Mel models her cow socks complete with udderly cute toes

Mel gave us haircuts too...it's so nice to have talented friends :)

As always....the chocolate fountain! No we didn't plan our matching outfits, but we do shop at the same store! So which one of us is the evil twin?

Angie and I had a little too much chocolate and not enough sleep....makes for a lot of fun!

I delivered the kiss of death to Bridget....death by chocolate is really not such a bad way to go!

Mel posed for me...she's so cute :)

Debbie, me and Angie...we are so cute too, ha ha

Bridget on the back deck

My sis and I are really cute too, NOT...

But, hey....it's no fun being normal!

No comments: